Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More Thing 23 - Answers to the Survey

I was so excited to be finished ontime that I forgot to answer the last survey questions. Sorry!

1) My favorite discovery was TeacherTube. I didn't realize this was out there. I've already been telling my teachers and tech people about some of the cool videos I've already seen. I also liked all the blogging because I've decided to do more of it as my daughter goes to college next year.
2) This program has allowed me to grow phenomenally in the tech area. My husband is usually the tech guru at our house, but now, I'm telling him things! I also realize that technology is not static. So, I need to keep as current as possible by continuing to search and blog.
3) I did not expect all the 23 things to be so involved. Great work! I tried to do everything that was asked, watching all the videos, investigating all the links, answering all the questions. At times it just made my head spin. However, I realize that we just tapped the tip of the iceberg. I am taking away 23 new tools for my professional toolbox to help my campus communities. I really appreciate this!
4) It is hard to answer this one because the course was so good. However, maybe more how-to videos would be helpful. I had to redo some things several times, but eventually figured things out. Also, it might be good to have a thing where everyone could just share an idea with the group that has worked for them. Just an idea....
5) Yes, I would do this again, but I wouldn't get sick in the month of July. After being sick for most of July, I thought I could just jump in and finish in not too much time. I was wrong! Next time, I'll start earlier and pace myself better.
6) I describe this experience as: "absolutely necessary for the information specialist"
7) Off to post!!!

No comments: